What To Expect On Your First Visit:
- You and Dr. Galzarano will discuss your reason for seeking care along with your medical history and any other pertinent information.
- Posture photos against a grid to measure how your body has adapted to gravity
- Computerized Range of Motion measurements to record restrictions in general movements
- Non-invasive Surface EMG testing to measure the activity of the supporting muscles of the spine
- Motion palpation testing to zero in on restrictions and tenderness in specific areas of the spine
- Muscle testing to detect weak muscles
- Balance testing because you balance on one leg with every step you take
- Gait testing. Simply watching you walk up and down the corridor can yield important information
- Leg length measurement. A slightly shorter leg requires accommodation throughout the body
- X-rays. Problematic areas may require x-rays which are done in the office and included in the fee
- Adjunctive therapies such as traction, electrical muscle stimulation, ultrasound if needed
- Chiropractic adjustments of indicated spinal joints as well as joints of the upper and lower extremities (shoulder, wrist, knee, foot, ankle, etc.) when necessary
A Simple, All-Inclusive Fee
- Our All_inclusive Fee of $110 for a New Patient (1 hour) or $55 for a regular patient visit (1/2 hour) includes all services rendered (examinations, treatments, adjustments, x-rays, etc.)
- Please keep in mind that you are paying for the time slot NOT an amount of time. Therefore, if you are late for an appointment, you will lose the time. Your appointment will not be extended past the ending time.
- Payment is made through the Online Scheduler in advance. If you give at least 24 hour notice, you will get a full refund. If you cancel within less than 24 hours before your appointment, you can give it to someone else or have a Strong Posture® online session with the doctor. Otherwise, you will forfeit the fee. You will also forfeit the fee if you do not show up for your appointment.
- The Scheduler accepts all major credit cards. If, for some reason, you cannot pay with a credit card, call the office at 215-483-3200.
- Although our fee is all-inclusive, if the doctor performs medically necessary treatments, examinations, or adjustments which are covered by your insurance plan, our office will file a claim on your behalf.
- You should be reimbursed by your insurance company for any money you are due according to your policy. Should your money come to us, you will be credited or reimbursed according to your instructions.
- Our office will not pre-certify, appeal, or intercede on your behalf in any dispute between your and your insurance company.
EXCEPTION: If your injuries are due to a motor vehicle accident or a reported work-related injury, in accordance with Pennsylvania law, you pay nothing out of pocket.
We accept CARECHARGE® (You can apply at our office or online.